Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Level 2

Day 10
Quote: The body achieves what the mind believes.

Day 10. I know I was supposed to start level 2 tomorrow, but when I woke up my knees were feeling pretty good, and I didn’t feel that level 1 was intense enough for me. Also, because of the break yesterday I felt the need to compensate. It was pretty hard, and my knee pain ended up being the killer for me. I don’t think it would have been so hard if not for the knee pain. The planks were the hardest thing for me other than that because I have like no upper body strength, and I don’t believe that I was in proper form. After working out, I drank my protein smoothie, and I did a bunch of stretches on my knees. They were feeling fantastic, then I took a nap and the pain was almost non-existent. Now my shins are hurting from yesterdays walk. My shins aren’t used to being used I suppose. I miss being in shape so bad :( Now Gaven is lying down to fall asleep, and he’s just crying because he’s so tired and he can’t find his thumb. Hopefully tomorrow heeds better results for me. I really want to lose weight, and I’m really upset that I’m having problems with pain. I wish I could give it my all, but I find that I have to modify a lot of what I’m doing because of the pain. I looked it up and it’s apparently a huge complaint for people doing the Shred to have intense knee pain. It’s from my leg muscles that support my knees not being strong enough, so my knees take all the shock and pressure. Anyway. Better luck tomorrow!

Weight: 190.8

Meals
Breakfast
1.2 c. shredded wheat 1 c 2% milk
Lunch
Bagel w/light p. butter, 1 cheese stick
Dinner
1 c pasta w/ light mayo & parm cheese
Snack
fruit & grain bar, 1 sm orange

No comments:

Post a Comment